Association of Ontario Midwives
The Association of Ontario Midwives (AOM) is the professional organization representing midwives and the practice of midwifery in the province of Ontario. It is run by a 12-member Board of Directors.
- Advocates for the professional interests of midwives and for the Ontario model of midwifery care.
- Provides public education and promotes midwifery as an integral part of the Ontario health care system.
- Represents midwives to the Ministry of Health to maintain appropriate funding for midwifery services.
- Provides ongoing peer support to all members, including educational and professional development.
- Develops clinical and other practice guidelines and promotes midwifery research.
- Negotiates and provides access to professional liability insurance for midwife members.
- Is an active member in the Canadian Association of Midwives.