Business Practice 101
November 23, 2018
Presenters: Association of Ontario MidwivesLocation:
Four Points by Sheraton Barrie
60 Bryne Dr
Barrie, Ontario L4N 9Y4
Event Type: In Person
This session is not just for practice partners and owners! Early career midwives and associates may particularly benefit from understanding the unique business structure of midwifery in Ontario. A team of midwives, lawyers, accountants and HR specialists will explain (in language you can understand) the factors which determine:
· where and when midwives can be hired,
· how many courses of care a midwife can be allocated,
· how much and when midwives can get paid,
· tax planning for midwives, and
· the rights and responsibilities of midwives under human rights and human resource laws.
This is essential information for your career planning. Spreading this knowledge to all midwives can avoid confusion and conflicts and support healthy midwifery practice group culture.