Conflict Resolution Workshop
February 8, 2019
Presenters: Lyn AdamsonLocation:
Venue: Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites
175 Wynford Dr
North York, ON
Event Type: In Person
Midwifery is team work, and an essential skill is dealing effectively with situations of conflict. Dealing ineffectively with conflict can intensify tensions, lead to a stressful work environment, and take up a lot of your time. This practical workshop will provide an array of tools and techniques to help achieve satisfactory outcomes and help your team respond effectively when conflict arises.
A professional mediator will facilitate this interactive workshop on topics including:
- · Defining conflict and conflict resolution processes
- · Dynamics of conflict escalation
- · Power of acknowledgement of feelings, needs, and values
- · Clarifying issues and common ground for constructive dialogue
- · Raising concerns in ways that won’t lead to defensiveness
- · Use of principled negotiation to generate win-win solutions
Please ensure you are signed into OntarioMidwives.ca before registering for this event!