Mission, Vision, Values
Advancing the clinical and professional practice of Indigenous/Aboriginal and Registered midwives in Ontario.
Midwives leading reproductive, pregnancy, birth & newborn care across Ontario.
- Provide courageous, compassionate and principled leadership
- Consider Indigenous issues and social justice in all decision making
- Promote and support the restoration and renewal of Indigenous midwifery
- Promote, safeguard and support normal birth
- Advocate for members' rights that promote long term career satisfaction
- Create systems and tools that uphold equity within the midwifery profession, in relationship to clients & within the health care system
- Respect client dignity, autonomy, cultural safety and experience as central to decision making in midwifery care
- Establish accessible, high quality and responsive services which meet the needs of the membership
- Enhance the potential of midwifery to contribute to the well-being of society.