Negotiations Task Force
The purpose of the Negotiations Task Force is to provide guidance and support to the negotiations team in a timely manner on negotiations with the Ministry of Health to the board.
Terms and task force portal
The responsibilities and delegated powers of the task force include:
- Extensive consultation with membership, which may include focus groups
- Recommendations for negotiation priorities to the membership and the board
- Recommendations to the negotiations team on overall negotiations strategy
- Recommendations to the board on offers made by the government
Composition of the Negotiations Task Force:
- Up to four board members, who are appointed by the board
- Up to five representatives from relevant working groups or expert non-board members
- AOM President
- Executive Director
- Director of Policy & Communications
- Other staff as required by the executive director and director of policy and communications to support the task force’s work
A call will be circulated and the chair will select the non-board members with an eye to skills required and building capacity in the negotiations process. The chair of the task force must be a board member and will be chosen by the board.