Midwifery-led research, which focuses on normal pregnancy, birth, postpartum and early newborn care, is essential to supporting informed decision-making for midwives and clients.
Provided through funding from the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, the Mentored Midwifery Research Grant and the Career Midwifery Research Grant support Ontario-relevant research that improves care for midwifery clients and their families.
Proposals will be adjudicated by:
- Members of the AOM's Midwifery Research Work Group (MRWG)
- External peer reviewers and midwife researchers with experience in peer review and expert knowledge in submissions' subject matter or methodology
The project must:
- Have the potential to benefit childbearing families in Ontario
- Be a research project that reflects midwifery philosophy of care — taking into account Ontario midwives' unique scope of practice and model of care — and contribute to the knowledge base for low intervention health care
- Be presented within the allotted budget
- Be completed within the specified timeline
The adjudication will consist of four steps:
- Application screening by AOM staff to ensure eligibility, accuracy and completeness.
- Striking a peer review committee comprised of MRWG members and external reviewers with expert knowledge on the subject matter or methodology.
- Declaration of conflict of interest by peer reviewers, guided by the AOM's Conflict of Interest Policy.
- All applications are reviewed by the peer review committee for merit and relevance to the objectives laid out in the application package, using the grant-specific assessment criteria (see below).
Learn more about the 2020 Midwifery Research Grant recipients.
Send questions about 2021 grant applications to email@example.com.
Mentored Midwifery Research Grant
Career Midwifery Research Grant
|Amount||up to $4,000||up to $35,000|
For help finding a mentor, read:
|How to apply||
Your package must include:
Successful applicants will provide a description of their research, results, and a report on expenses to the AOM within one year and 18 months after the dissemination of the grant.
Your package must include:
Successful applicants will provide a description of their research and results, as well as an expense report, within one and two years after the dissemination of the grant.
|Instructions and forms||
Download the Mentored Research Grant Application Instructions for further guidance on completing your application.
Complete and submit the Mentored Midwifery Research Grant Application and Budget Form
Download the Career Research Grant Application Instructions for further guidance on completing your application.
Complete and submit the Career Midwifery Research Grant Application and Budget Form