Excellence in Midwifery Research Award
The Excellence in Midwifery Research Award recognizes research that advances excellence in midwifery care. The award will be presented to the author(s) of the research paper selected for the award.
- Ontario midwives or individuals who have participated in and published an outstanding piece of research that includes or supports Ontario midwifery/midwives.
- The research has been published within two years prior to December 31, 2019, or is of current significance to midwifery practice or policy.
- The nominee(s) conducted their research in the midwifery context.
- The nominee (or one of the nominees) is available to present their research to the AOM membership (unless this research has been previously presented).
Current AOM members in good standing can submit nominations for this award, including self-nominations. Current AOM Board members and AOM employees are ineligible.
Completing this nomination package will require:
- Completing the online form. This form includes a brief description of how the research paper contributes to quality, excellence and best practice in research (200 word maximum). This description should address how the research:
- contributes to advancing excellence in midwifery practice and quality of client care;
- reflects the midwifery philosophy of care; and
- uses research methods that are well explained and appropriate to the research question.
2. Forwarding the following supporting materials to the AOM (by email or mail):
- A copy of the published research paper or manuscript that has been accepted for publication.
- A letter of support from either the nominator or an additional supporter that explains the importance of this research to midwifery practice.
- Confirmation that the/a nominee or designate is available to present this research to the AOM membership (unless this research has been previously presented).
Nominations received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 3/20 will be reviewed by the Midwifery Research Work Group. The Midwifery Research Group will recommend an award recipient to the Board of Directors, which will make the final selection. Awards will be presented at the Ontario Midwifery Conference in May 2020.